It is said that eyes are windows to the souls. Often it is this singular fact that draws people closer to some individuals and away from others. Mesmerising, charming and attractive eyes are truly some people’s most striking feature. Therefore there is little doubt that people would go to great lengths to maintain this particular facial feature through home remedies as well as surgical procedures such as eyelid surgery Melbourne. However these are not without their myths or negative attributes. Therefore medical professionals have come up with a list of facts that will help people decide if this procedure is suitable to them or not.
- Common ground for eyelid surgery : There common reasons for people to opt for this surgery ; such as excessive skin obscuring vision, a puffy look making you appear tired, wrinkles around the eyes, bags or pouches around the region and droopy eyes showing excessive white of the eye.
- Most popular cosmetic surgery: you will be surprised to note that procedures and treatment surrounding the eyes are the most commonly performed surgery for aesthetic reasons. People often think that overall facelifts are the most common, but eyelid rejuvenation is considered the most commonly performed in the US itself.
- Usually a combined treatment: it is suggested that usually your cosmetic surgeon will recommend other operations based on various conditions. It is not unusual to perform, laser or chemical skin resurfacing, facelift etc along with this procedure. The doctor will obviously do a thorough check-up prior to making any recommendations or suggestion.
- Conscious or semi sedated: the treatment is possible while the patient is in a deep sedated state or under general aesthetic.
- Low risk procedure: though any medical operation has its own risk, this method is identified as the least risky when it comes to cosmetic treatments. If however some reactions are experienced they are always minor. Some reactions that can take place are; negative reaction to anaesthesia, scarring, minor infections and bleeding to name a few.
- Long lasting: medical experts suggest that this treatment is long lasting and most patients rarely need any further alterations. However due to age there may be more sagging and excess skin that will appear, in which case a brow lift or a Botox injection will suffice to maintain the look.
- Shorter recovery: the recovery time for eyelid surgery is remarkably short, with patients being able to return to work or normal activity within seven to ten days. There is also very less incidents of pain and irritation identified right after the operation.
- Comparatively less costly : it is said that for a lifelong operation, this costs relatively less, therefore it all depends on you selecting a good and experienced professional to truly benefit from it.
As you see getting that radiant and attractive look is easier than previously though. With careful consideration and selection of the right surgeon, you can be on your way to a more youthful appearance.